What is Nalambalam?
Nalambalam means four temples. Nalambala Yatra is a pilgrimage of the four temples of the Sons of King Dasaradha. During Nalamabalam the devotee would visit the temples of Lord Rama, Lord Bharata, Lord Lakshmana and Lord Satrughna in one day. This is one of the famous pilgrimage tour during Ramayana Masam (Karkitaka Masam) in Kerala.
The order of visit is like this :
Nalambala Yatra has to be performed as round trip starting from Lord Rama - Lord Bharatha - Lord Lakshmana - Lord Sathrukhna - Lord Rama. Details given below :
- Start from Triprayar Sree Rama Swamy Temple (Nalambalam in Google Map)
Darsan Timing : Morning 3:30AM - 12:00 Noon, Afternoon 4:30PM - 8:00PM (No Darsan during : 5:15AM - 6:15AM) Important Offerings are Meenuttu and Vedi
- Irinjalakuda Kodalmanikyam Temple (Nalambalam in Google Map) (13.7 Kms from Triprayar)
Darsan Timing : Morning 3:00AM - 1:00PM, Evening : 5:00PM - 8:20PM Important Offerings are Thamaramala , Brinjal Nivedyam , Vedi , Gheelamp , Meeunttu.
- Mozhikulam Lakshmana Temple (Nalambalam in Google Map) (21.5 Kms from Irinjalakuda)
Darsan Timing : Morning 5:00AM - 1:00PM, Evening : 5:00PM - 8:30PM
- Payammal Sree Sathrukha Swamy Temple (Nalambalam in Google Map) (31 Kms from Mozhikulam)
Darsan Timing : Morning 5:00AM - 3:00PM, Evening : 4:30PM - 9:00PM Important Offerings are Sudarshanan dedication
- Finally Return back to Triprayar Sree Rama Swamy Temple (Nalambalam in Google Map) (20 Kms from Payammal)
Locate these four temples in Google Map Nalambalam. The total distance would be around 88 Kms for this trip.
View Nalambalam in a larger map